Friday, October 14, 2011

The Campaigning Thing

I hate it. I encouraged him to do it, I absolutely did. I pushed him in the direction I knew he wanted to go.

But I didn't know. Just like I didn't know I'd be in the house all the time with a new baby, or that they slept so much, or how frustrating it is to not be able to talk with them, I didn't know a campaign would be like this. Non-stop. Days. Nights. Weekdays. Weekends. 5 a.m. 10 p.m. Seriously, it is that bad at times. Like right now, when I am at home alone on a Friday night at 8:00 while Jason picks up supplies for tomorrow's parade. Or tomorrow, a Saturday, which is most people's family day, when he will spent morning until evening running around for ISU Homecoming events, most of which I can't go to because I have a baby.

I feel so alone. And I hate his damn campaign. I wish to everything that he wasn't running. AND, I hate that every time I bring up his crazy schedule, which is SERIOUSLY CRAZY, he acts like everyone is this busy and I'm overreacting. He cannot, CANNOT take criticism at all.

But he basically didn't see Augie awake Tuesday - Thursday. And today he only saw Augie while we were out filming footage for his campaign ads and to put Augie to bed. And tomorrow he won't see Augie until right before Augie goes to bed. Am I crazy for not liking this????? NO, I THINK IT IS PERFECTLY NORMAL TO DISLIKE A SCHEDULE THAT KEEPS HIM AWAY FROM ME AND OUR BABY SON ALMOST EVERY WAKING HOUR. AGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: